Sunday, November 05, 2006

Survivor: Cook Islands - Aired Nov. 2 - Commentary

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGH!
It's only 39 days. 39 days for ONE MILLION DOLLARS! So why the hell keep someone you can't trust any more than you could trust Mark Foley in a high school boy's locker room over someone who just rubs you the wrong way?
I don't care if you snore, fart in my face, call me horrible names, and wake me up every night with a 1:00 am wedgie. If I can trust you, I'm going to keep you around.
So why, please, someone, tell me why they voted Flicka out over Jonathan?
Okay, so we're not talking about rocket scientists here. Sure, it seemed like a good idea on paper to kidnap Nathan and keep him from participating in a challenge, but it was a friggin' reward challenge. They're nice and all, but in the long run you can do without one or two of them. Thanks to Ozzy, Aitu is eating fine, and keeping the other tribe from getting food is smart, but you know what's even smarter? Screwing up their plans and forcing them to vote off someone else, creating cracks in alliances before the merge. So I still think they would have been better off taking Cristina. Not only would it have had the advantages already listed, come merge time if Cristina were to have made it, she could have been easily won over as another number on Aitu's side. What is the problem with Survivor contestants and being unable to think ahead?
Ozzy seems to be using it to his advantage. Never mind that he will be a huge threat in individual immunity, as well as a possible threat to go over to Raro thanks to being left out of the big alliance in Aitu, people are hungry now.
I do like that Raro got rid of JP when they did and worried more about later on down the road and less about winning challenges right now. Until they forgot all about that the next week. The women had it in the bag, and then? Two women in a row voted off. When it comes to sticking together as an alliance, I have to say, we kinda suck. Even the strongest women's alliance ever, the one in Survivor: Vanuatu, was scuttled by pettiness. Scout and Twila lost anyway, and it was a man, Chris, who came out on top and won against all odds.
The most pathetic thing I've ever seen was, if I remember the season correctly, in Survivor: Amazon when women and men were first split into seperate tribes, this one woman whose name I can't remember was all sick and wanting to go home. Until the producers mixed the tribes up and she sprung back to life at the introduction of men. It was a sad spectacle indeed when someone can't even go a week or two without the opposite sex.
Anyway, my point is people keep making the same mistakes on these shows. I really don't get how that's even possible, unless they've never watched an episode and were whisked away before doing any research.
That's the only way this ever makes any sense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home