Monday, October 23, 2006

The Amazing Race - Aired for weeks! - Commentary

First I'd like to apologize that we won't be getting the Treasure Hunters style recaps I was hoping to provide. It does require a working computer at home, and sadly, I don't have one of those right now. I tried calling tech support, but that was no help. It seems they've hired Ann Coulter as a consultant so all they would tell me is that my computer problems are a result of "damned liberals".
Anyway, all that aside, what a fantastic season it's been so far! We have villains, we have people who are being a little too good, and soooo many contestants getting lost. All this with the most diverse cast the show has ever given us. Even moreso than Survivor: Cook Islands. Unfortunately we lost some of that diversity too quickly, but it's still been a terrific season, so that's okay.
Many viewers have fallen in love with perhaps the most sweetly naive couple ever presented, Team Kentucky. Mary and her coalminer husband. His name escapes me right now, and I don't have time to look it up, but it doesn't matter. Mary is the star of this pair even if hubby has had his moments. It's a surprise to pretty much everyone that they're still in the race, even though they did come close to elimination, but managed to hit the first non-elimination pitstop.
Team Single Mothers. Watching them is like going through childbirth. Writing about them is like childbirth. Writing recaps and commentaries is like childbirth. They've compared so many things to childbirth, I think it's just second nature to them. "Wow, I was tired this morning. Getting out of bed was just like childbirth!" "I didn't care much for that movie. The plot was like childbirth." "This soup tastes like childbirth!"
No. I'm not going through each time. It's hard enough to do this and my job at the same time. We know Rob and Kimberly are jerks. Peter's an ass, it's nice to see him gone, even if Sarah was a sweetheart. Oh, I'm not sure on some of these name spellings, but phooey. I'm not going to go check, and you can't make me!
I'm liking the Beauty Queens right now. They are there to compete, and are playing hard but not particularly dirty. First it was Team Miss USA, now it's the Miss Americas. I don't know why the pageant teams are able to win me over, but it seems like it keeps happening lately. If you can call twice "keeps happening". There is only one Miss Realivision 2006 though, and that's Melissa Witek and don't you forget it. Maybe if one of the Miss Americas were to give us behind-the-scenes insider information or even an interview, maybe one of them could be Miss Realivision 2007. Maybe.
Damn, this is taking a long time to write. Just as I try to take two seconds to write another sentence, the patient starts bleeding from yet another artery. Do you mind, Mr. Pennyweather? I'm trying to write a blog here!
Actually, it is pretty hectic here, so I'm going to leave you with this... The Cho brothers are nice, and have been one of my favourite teams, but they annoyed the hell out of me when they gave the Fast Forward to Kentucky. For starters, it could have cost them the game, and you're not in the race to win, don't apply in the first place. Then there was all the talk about how they're trying to play "differently", in other words, in a "nice" way. This nice way still required them to lie to another team in order to help the one they favoured. That's not so nice. Which I'm fine with, but don't pretend to be playing a "better" game and then go an lie to people. That's called "hypocrisy".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home