Sunday, November 19, 2006

Survivor: Cook Islands - Aired Nov. 16 - Commentary

Idiots.
As soon as Jenny opened her mouth talking about voting out Rebecca, the idea that Raro tribe is composed almost entirely of idiots cemented itself in my mind. Two people from the original caucasian tribe defected over, giving Raro two very easy Tribal Councils in a row, and what do they do? They start getting rid of tribe members they'd just spent however many days with building alliances with.
These decisions have been so monumentally moronic that it's even taking me away from one of the best twists in Survivor history - the unexpected double vote.
If there is any way better to force out allegiances, I can't think of one. Don't give people a chance to strategize and the vote will tell you a lot, and I could tell by the look on Nate's face that he learned a lot when Jenny was voted out right after Rebecca and he was left alone in a sea of pale.
I strongly suspect there will be a merge next week, and if there is, I really hope Nate jumps ship to Aitu. Unless he wins every individual immunity challenge, he's got no chance of winning as he just found out the alliance he thought he had doesn't really exist. So if he's going to go down, I really hope he takes Raro with him. Who better to see win than some member of the plucky Aitu tribe?
Plucky, yet vengeful. Oh, boo hoo, Candice. You had to go to Exile Island again. "I don't understand why the people I screwed over would have it in for me!" Stop your pathetic mewling, vile traitor! It may not be nice to enjoy someone suffering, but considering that her health or life are in no danger here, it was damned fun watching her suffer.
It wasn't even strategy drove her to "mutiny" last week. Strategy would have kept her in a strong alliance while in Aitu, keep people's trust, then after the merge shift stab them in the back. I would have respected that. But no, the only reason she jumped was to be with her cuddle-buddy, Adam. I swear, if we see another "Romber" final two, I'm going to throw up.
But at least Boston Rob had some degree of intelligence and the ability to work around camp and win competitions. Yeesh, it's bad if I'm telling someone, "Pffff, you're no Boston Rob."
On the plus side, if there is a merge next week (and I have no doubt there will be), even if Nate doesn't do the smart thing or the vengeful thing, Aitu can still even the numbers by using Yul's hidden Immunity Idol, and I've got the feeling he's a lot smarter and a lot less egomaniacal than Terry last season, so Yul just might use the thing this year, even (gasp!) giving it to an alliance mate to help get the numbers in the favour.
That would be so sweet. It would certainly make up for most of the idiotic votes we've seen so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home