Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The Amazing Race - Aired Nov. 5 - Commentary

Travel Tip: When visiting Madagascar, always bring along a container for gasoline and fill it up immediately if you plan on using any of the nations many wonderful taxi cabs for transportation.

Seriously, if I had known how many times cabbies would have to stop to fill up in this episode, I would have kept count. It was funny on the surface and a hoot to watch all these racers getting steamed over it. And the poor Cho brothers, stopping twice!
I have my theory on why this kept happening, but it's not so fun. If you're curious, ask me in comments and I will reply there. Right now let's just enjoy the thought of poor Mr. Cho pulling up to his second gas station.
Aaaaaaaahhhhh...
By the way, it just occurred to me that the name of the country contains both "gas" and "car". Maybe it somehow influences the need to actually put gas in cars.

But this is all taking focus off the most important thing we've been learning from this season... PAGEANT WOMEN KICK ASS! And I'm saying that as a hideous beast who would never have any chance of making into a pageant, and a feminist who has some issues with pageants in the first place (sorry, Miss Realivision 2006, Melissa Witek! But my views have changed quite a bit in recent months!). Not to get off the point here, sorry. Pageant women kick ass. The Miss USAs on Treasure Hunters rocked, and now it's the Miss Americas (or Beauty Queens if you prefer) on this show.
Dustin and Kandice have come in first two weeks in a row, and it would have been three if it weren't for the first Fast Forward. Not on that, they actually beat the people who took the second Fast Forward!
Damn, I was cheering when they ran to the mat this week. I know all it takes is one unlucky search challenge to blow it all to hell, but for now I'm enjoying their success. I'm putting this out there now... Dustin and Kandice, if either of you would like to be in the running for Miss Realivision 2007, please e-mail at the address at the bottom of this page. Realivision would love to do an interview with either one or both of you.

As for the Cho brothers, I'm not so sure. I love your loyalty, but enough is enough. When the entire Backpack/Sixpack decided to wait for each other at the start of the leg, I gave up on them entirely. There is no way the single moms or Mary and David are going to beat every one of the remaining teams, as some degree of physicality is required to win the Race.
If we could see into Mary's head, I'm sure we could see visions of the Backpack as the final three, hand-in-hand walking casually to the final mat, singing joyous songs of friendship and sharing the million dollars amongst themselves.
Though if this were to happen, the single mothers have shown less investment in this alliance than the other two teams so I'm sure just as they approached the mat, they'd break off and run for it first. And I'd cheer them all the damned way!
It's not going to happen though, because Mary and David are eliminated now, so we will get no more of their sweet naivety.

Oh, there is so much more to write about. Cow lips! Oooooh, the cowlips, and the cheering each other on about the cow lips (with teeth).
There was the Intersection, an interesting new twist on the game. As much as I love the Miss Americas and was happy as a fan that they teamed up with the Cho brothers, as a viewer I would have loved to have seen them and the Alabama single moms forced to work together.
But alas, I must wrap this up. It's hard to find 5 seconds in a row to write anything. I really need a working computer at home again... if anyone wants to be my sugar daddy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home