Saturday, July 08, 2006

So You Think You Can Dance - Air Date July 6

One nice thing about the results show is that it doesn't matter yet how many people have been sent home, it's always the same number of dancers so the hour show doesn't get more tedious like the two hour show is getting.
That said, I'm tired, it's hot in here, and there is an old movie I want to watch coming on soon, so let's keep this short and sweet.
Cat Deeley comes out, blah blah blah. Who's dancing solos?
First she calls up Benji & Donyelle and Musa & Natalie. Both are safe. Hmmmm. I thought Mutalie had one of the lesser dances the previous night, but this wouldn't be the first time I disagreed with America. I still say Adam Sandler is overrated.
Next up are Ryan & Heidi, Travis & Martha, and Jaeeems & Jessica. Trartha are safe, the other two will have to dance solo. I'm not surprised by T&M, I am surprised by R&H, and not surprised by the Double Js. The audience just hasn't seemed to click with them.
Finally it's Dmitry & Ashlee and Ivan & Allison. And for the first time in three weeks, Dmitry gets to hold on to a partner for an additional week.
Solos! Seriously, after the last Treasure Hunters recap and doing Big Brother for two sites, then doing the full Dance coverage today, this is feeling nice. I'm also really appreciating that Last Comic Standing took a week off. To make up for how short this is, I'll give you a joke.
Knock knock!
Who's there?
Cowboy!
Cowboy who?
Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase!
For those that don't watch it, that's a Big Brother reference. How dare you have a life and not absorb enough television to get that joke?
Jessica - I really loved her dance and thought she was finally starting to show that personality she keeps talking about. However, with the two women she's up against, I'm not holding out much hope for her.
Jgjeymz - Someone's been watching Dmitry dance and wants to channel him, you saucy name misspeller you! It was a surprising choice, but I liked it. But then, what do I know? I've been wrong a few times this season.
Heidi - Not as good as her last solo, but still very energetic. Because I feel Jessica is probably going to leave, I'm not worried for Heidi.
Ryan - A nice dance, but it's a good thing he's teamed up with Heidi and not Jessica or they'd be a personality black hole.
Allison - Wow. Damn, dance of the night. I'm really hoping to see her with a better partner after tonight, even if it's Jeheyames.
Ivan - His last solo did nothing for me, and neither did his performance the previous night. This time however his dance was quite delightful. I still want to see him go though.
Okay, fast forward past a singer who does nothing for me while the judges deliberate...
The girls first. Allison is called forward and told she is safe. Considering that the first one called forward is usually safe, no surprises here. Plus she's really good. Maybe not good enough to win, but more than good enough to stay.
Then it's Jessica and Heidi. The judges still don't think Jessica is showing enough personality while Heidi is showing too much. But this is all about entertainment, and too much is better than not enough and Jessica, to nobody's shock, is cut from the show. I liked her but had a feeling if she got another bottom three that would be it for her.
The boys' turn now. Jyamies is called forward first, but he's not safe yet! Tricky, judges, tricky. They are disappointed that he didn't stick with his style for the solo. Ryan and Ivan are called up and each gets criticism. Ivan was on the edge as he's not the greatest, but his solo saved him. WHAT?!?! That's twice now he's deserved to go home but hasn't. Both Jemas and Ryan are better all-round dancers than him, so this sucks.
Instead, the dancer going home is... Jyhmaaaesmeszzes! It seems that even though he's a fine, solid dancer, the way he spells his name was just annoying the crap out of everyone. Gee, judges. Thanks for killing a running joke for me.
Bastards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home