Thursday, June 01, 2006

Gameshow Marathon - Air Date May 31

I was unaware of this show until I looked at the television listings for the week. What it said piqued my interest - celebrities competing against each other in one game show that combines other gameshows. Heck yes, I'll be there! It may not be a reality gameshow, but I couldn't pass this up!
Hosted by Rikki Lake, the show featured Kathy Najimy, Paige Davis from Trading Spaces, some Baywatch woman, Tim Meadows from Saturday Night Live, Lance Bass, and Leslie Nielsen. A little Leslie Nielsen trivia for you - his brother Eric was deputy prime minister of Canada during the Brian Mulroney years back in the Eighties. Now you know.
I like Rikki Lake as an actress. I've only seen a couple of episodes of her talk show. Don't really care for her as a gameshow host. Bring in Alan Thicke! He's free now that Cooking with Celebrities didn't go anywhere! Actually I'd like to see one of the classic gameshow hosts presenting this. Isn't Wink Martindale available?
For the show itself, I was a little disappointed. I thought it would be elements from all these gameshows within the one hour, but instead each week it will be one classic gameshow, and this week was The Price Is Right. Well, that's not as fun as a mish-mash would have been.
It was still fun to watch though, and the eventual winner of the night was the Baywatch woman. Why it couldn't have been one of the people I've heard of, I don't know. Except Lance Bass. There's something shifty about him...
So Baywatch Babe now goes on to the semi-finals. There will be four winners competing there, then the final two will do Family Feud with their real friends and family.
Please bring back Richard Dawson for that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home